Invisalign treatments have revolutionized the aspect of orthodontic treatment that uses aligners to shift teeth into the correct position just with the use of clear plastics. These clear plastics are practically invisible, meaning that patients can undergo treatment without worrying about feeling self-conscious when wearing metal braces.
Our dentist, Dr. Brian George, at Dental Bliss Hermitage provides the highest-quality and professional Invisalign treatments in Hermitage and Old Hickory, TN, using advanced laser technology. In this article, you’ll get some helpful insight into Invisalign treatments, their benefits, who should get Invisalign aligners, and how to take care of your Invisalign aligners.
What Are Invisalign Treatments?
An Invisalign treatment is a modern approach to orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligners made of medical-grade plastics. These aligners are custom-made to fit perfectly over a patient’s teeth, gradually shifting them into a more desirable position. This treatment is preferred by many individuals who desire a more discreet orthodontic option.
The duration of an Invisalign treatment usually ranges from 12 to 18 months, depending on the complexity of each case. Patients are required to wear their aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day throughout the treatment period, with removal only permitted during meals, brushing, and flossing their teeth.
Overall, Invisalign treatments have become a popular choice for adults and teenagers due to its discreteness, effectiveness, and comfort. With an Invisalign treatment, patients can enjoy the benefits of straighter teeth without the discomfort and visual impact of traditional braces.
Invisalign Vs Traditional Braces – How Are They Different?
Invisalign and traditional braces are two of the most common dental treatments used to align teeth and jaws. While both have the same goal, the methods used to achieve that result are different. Let’s explore the differences between these two popular orthodontic treatments.
- Invisalign differs from traditional braces in that it is essentially invisible. Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners that are custom fitted to your teeth. Traditional braces, on the other hand, use metal or ceramic brackets connected with wires attached to your teeth.
- Invisalign and traditional braces differ in terms of the amount of maintenance required. Invisalign aligners require regular cleaning. With traditional braces, it is important to avoid certain foods, and the brackets and wires need regular adjustments by a dentist.
- Invisalign and traditional braces differ in their potential side effects. Traditional braces can cause discomfort and even pain in the mouth due to their brackets and wires, however, Invisalign aligners cause less irritation and pain.
- Traditional braces can also cause damage to the enamel of the teeth due to the brackets and wires, but this is less of a concern with Invisalign aligners.
Benefits of Invisalign Aligners
If you are considering getting braces to straighten your teeth, it is important to know the benefits of Invisalign aligners.
- Invisalign aligners are clear and virtually invisible. This means that you can undergo the entire dental treatment without anyone noticing it. For adults who may feel self-conscious about wearing braces, this is a huge advantage.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, and you can maintain your normal eating habits without worrying about food getting stuck in between the wires.
- Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic and are custom-made to fit snugly over your teeth. This removes the discomfort that arises from metal brackets and wires rubbing against the inside of your mouth.
- To conclude, Invisalign aligners provide a more comfortable, discreet, and efficient way of straightening your teeth. With Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth and improve your smile confidently and without anyone noticing.
How to Take Care of Your Invisalign Aligners
It is important to know how to take care of your Invisalign aligners to maintain their effectiveness and longevity. Below are some tips to assist you in caring for your Invisalign aligners.
- The first step in taking care of your Invisalign aligners is to ensure that you keep them clean. The easiest and most effective way to do this is by using a specialized cleaning solution, preferably from a dentist.
- When you are not wearing your aligners, it is important to store them in their protective case. This case is specifically designed to keep your aligners safe and protected from any damage or bacteria.
- While wearing your aligners, it is recommended that you refrain from consuming anything except water. This could cause staining, decay, or damage to your aligners.
- Maintaining a healthy oral hygiene routine is crucial when it comes to taking care of your Invisalign aligners. You should brush and floss your teeth, twice a day, every day before putting back your aligners to prevent any bacteria from growing on them.
Who Should Get Invisalign Aligners & Are You a Good Candidate?
It should be known that as Invisalign aligners have many advantages, they’re not suitable for everyone. Let’s explore who should get Invisalign aligners and determine what features make the right candidate.
Invisalign aligners are often recommended for adults and teenagers who want to improve the look of their teeth but don’t want visible metal braces. The aligners are also effective at straightening teeth and can solve issues such as overbites, underbites, crowded teeth, and gaps. It’s important to note that Invisalign is not intended for people with severe orthodontic problems.
In contrast, people with mild to moderate dental issues may be eligible for this treatment. Invisalign is particularly effective for individuals with teeth alignment issues, rather than correcting serious structural issues.
Furthermore, patients who require extensive aligning or corrective work may not be good candidates for Invisalign aligners. The aligners can shift the teeth, but they might not be powerful enough to address severe dental issues. Invisalign also requires patients to follow a strict regimen of wearing aligners for a minimum of 20 hours per day.
Patients must also maintain excellent oral hygiene to be suitable candidates for Invisalign aligners. This treatment requires frequent brushing and flossing, as food particles can become entangled in the aligners and contribute to plaque buildup. Failure to maintain good oral hygiene can cause problems such as gum disease and tooth decay.
It is for this reason that any patient who wants to use Invisalign must be dedicated to taking great care of their oral health.
Get A Straighter Smile with An Invisalign Treatment in Hermitage and Old Hickory, TN
Our Invisalign treatments in Hermitage are fast becoming the go-to treatment for people looking to straighten their teeth. It is an effective, comfortable, and discreet treatment option that can help improve your overall oral health.
At Dental Bliss Hermitage, we offer quality Invisalign treatments in Hermitage and Old Hickory, TN. We have a wide range of dental services for our clients that want a beautiful and healthy smile. If you are considering Invisalign, book an appointment with us to discuss your treatment options. Contact us to get started on your journey toward a healthier, straighter smile!